We walked to the shops and we found a Levi's and I got some clothes. Mum got a pair of jeans for my brothers. Luckily for us, Levi's was having a sale, and we managed to save quite a bit.
Mum and I then went for a walk to the City Hall in Downtown San Fran for her meeting with the Director of the Neighborhood Empowerment Network (NEN), Daniel Homsey. Walking there was OK but the thing I enjoyed most about our walk was the view of the City Hall. It was huge and beautiful, such an awesome view. We also had a small market just in front of us and homeless people gathered in the bottom right-hand corner.
After drooling over how amazing the City Hall was, we went through a little security checkpoint and I forgot to put my iPod and wallet in a tray and I got bleeped so that was fun... After that, we managed to find Dan's office and we left our stuff there so we didn't have to lug it around. We then left to get some lunch at a nice little Chinese resteraunt. Half way through our meal, Mum and Dan decided to start their meeting so I just played on my iPod for about an hour or so. After their meeting, we went back to Dan's office and grabbed our stuff, he then gave us a T - Shirt each which was pretty cool.
We then went for a walk around town, went through some shops, only thing I bought were two chocolate sardines (they were rich!) from a candy store called Miette. We walked through the Tenderloin and there is a lot of druggies and homeless people there! But not only in the Tenderloin, throughout San Francisco as well. We found a Nike store that was named Nike Town, and it was big. It had 5 levels all packed with Nike gear. But, yet again, I didn't buy anything.
We had a quick stop at a nearby park, then slowly walked to our hotel room. On the way, Mum just had to get something that was close to groceries so we stopped at a little shop down the road from our hotel, which was fine except for the part where my feet were killing me.
Oh might I add that there are so many nice cars around here. I saw at least two Ford GT500 Mustangs, one a convertible, a Maserati, a Ferrari and so many Dodges, basically all of them are giant 4WD.
Well, that concludes my 2nd day in San Francisco!
Will write again tomorrow afternoon!
Dylan
No comments:
Post a Comment
so, what do you think??